Accessibility roadmap for Invest South Tyneside
We will prioritise fixing:
- the most used areas of the website first
- the issues which affect the most pages on the website
We aim to fix the issues listed in the accessibility statement by 23 September 2020.
When considering whether we can meet the accessibility requirement, we will assess:
- how much the work would cost and the impact that carrying out the work would have on us
- how much users with a disability would benefit from us carrying out the work
Following the assessment, if we decide that meeting the accessibility requirement would be a disproportionate burden, we will explain this in our accessibility statement and provide details of how you can request the information in an accessible format.
Something which is a disproportionate burden now will not necessarily be a disproportionate burden forever. If circumstances change, we will re-assess whether we can meet the accessibility requirement.
Progress so far
- Alternative text has been added to decorative images on the website
Updates to the Invest South Tyneside website to:
- Make sure content is structured logically and can be navigated and read by a screen reader
- Make sure every feature can be used when text size is increased by 200% and that content reflows to a single column when it's increased by 400%
- Make sure the website is responsive to the user's device, page orientation and font size they like to use
- Make sure your service works well with assistive technologies - for example, important messages are marked up in a way that the screen readers knows they're important
- Make sure everything works for keyboard-only users
- Provide a 'skip to content' link
- Make sure users can move through content in a way that makes sense
- Make sure features look consistent and behave in predictable ways
This page was last updated on 23 September 2019.