South Tyneside Council are seeking innovative suppliers to support the creation and delivery of efficient alternative solutions taking into consideration the use of technology.
This session is open to current and prospective suppliers with an interest in helping to shape the services of the future within the South Tyneside area.
Local market development for residential care provision for children with complex needs
- Encouraging good quality, experienced providers to set up in South Tyneside without a guaranteed level of business
- Identifying suitable property and obtaining necessary planning permissions
- Difficulty in anticipating future need and demand far enough ahead to inform an accurate picture of the type of resource required to meet the differing needs of CYP and the need to appropriately match placements, which differs at any given time.
Surveying of Council buildings and other assets
- Establishment of scaffolding or access platforms in order to access buildings and other Council assets for the purpose of surveying can be costly as well as time consuming
- Restrictions the scaffolding and access platforms place on public footpaths and highways pose an issue
Renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions for Council buildings and other assets
- Conventional roof mounted renewable options (solar) can require costly and intrusive structural alterations and do little, if anything, to reduce heat loss from the roof. Roof insulations slabs are often fitted during recovering works but the covering is easily damaged during works to fit roof mounted frames
- Little knowledge of alternative solutions for energy generation / insulation solutions to apply to, or replace existing roof coverings which will also reduce operational costs, timescales and installation costs
- Looking to understand any other renewable energy or energy efficiency solutions which could be applied to buildings and other assets to achieve similar outcomes.
Assisted living technology solutions
Known restrictions / barriers
- How to link the use of technology in the home which helps people to better support themselves in community based assets
- An understanding of how the "internet of things" equipment such as Amazon Echo used in a person's home could connect to the Tunstall PNC8 monitoring system used by the Council.
10:00 Arrival, tea/coffee
10:20 Innovation Programme Overview
10:30 Breakout sessions for each opportunity (running simultaneously)
Book your space
Register now to reserve your place and let us know which breakout session you'd like to attend
Reserve your space now