Relevant experience and skills
The region's heritage of engineering excellence in heavy and marine engineering, shipbuilding and offshore oil and gas extraction has resulted in highly skilled, available workforce, benefitting from labour costs for an engineer almost 15% lower than that of Aberdeen.
Its capacity in production engineering is particularly relevant to high-volume offshore development.
Key skills include:
- Cable and umbilical manufacturing and expertise
- Ploughing, laying and subsea cable connection
- Sea bed operations and undersea connection
- Project management and design engineering techniques
- Specialist logistics and professional services
- Marine engineering and general engineering services